Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 4

For a week straight now, I have seen an almost perfect bike resting in the Bonaventure student waste site, the "graveyard" that is the matienence building. It looked new, only a few rust stains from the spring rain. I decided to take this red 12 speed and make it into my new bike. Litterally all I needed to do was tighten one screw so the tire didn't rub against the frame. I've been riding this bike all day. To class, the 5 mile river trail, to a gas station, everywhere. It has been so refreshing. I decided to incorporate nature into Day 4. I used scrap paper i found and collected to make an abstract tree scene. It's strange how a trashed bike can change and influence me. $4 bike, $10 moleskine. Both of these items will be on this adventure for the next 68 days, and hopefully change me for the better. I know that this bike is just faster travel and excercize, but speed on a bike can change the world. Speed up, change nature. Affect mother nature's movement, rhythm, pattern, lines. I want to put this speed into my art. Now that good weather has graced my life, I can escape my single dorm room art studio to dive into nature and hopefully change my art, change my style, change my subject matter.
April 27, 2009

1 comment:

  1. What a find, and perfect timing as we move into the summer months - that's great! sounds like it already has added a new outlook to your perspective, and how you engage with your world. pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete