Saturday, April 25, 2009

Day 2


This was done earlier this week in Introduction To Radio. I did a quick sketch of an imaginary subject in a cubist light. For a while i have had some interest in the human hand. I have done a few sketches of some of my hands and thumbs. In this picture is someone, who I feel is sitting. His hands are in a strange position. They are spread out so that you can see the hands from many different angles. This is one of the main points from the Cubist Manifesto. It is supposed to give the viewer many perspectives in one picture. I attempt this for the whole subject but, I feel like i only succeeded at this in the hands. Although this picture lacks of many details, I feel that the whole subject itself is quite detailed but in a subtle way. This quick sketch could potentially become a better piece, paints or sculpture, but I can't decide if it is good enough. Although it is not meant to be a self portrait, I can definately see that I push certain aspects of my personality into things/people I sketch. I tend to make the lines sharp and dark, what that means I don't know, but i like sharp corners and heavy, saturated colors.
April 25, 2009

1 comment: